Preparation: 15 minutes | Cooking: 20 minutes | Yield: 4 bowls
1 packet of Granoro Dedicato cavatelli
- 1 cup (250 ml) panko breadcrumbs
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 container of bocconcini cheese
- drained and cut in half
- 125 ml (½ cup) flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 250 ml (1 cup) La Pugliesina olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) Fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) La Pugliesina olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) Crushed chili pepper
- 500 ml (2 cups) tomato sauce
Mix together the panko and Parmesan. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Bread the bocconcini cheeses in the English style (pass in the flour then in the beaten egg and finish with the seasoned panko). Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze for 1 hour.
In an airtight pot, put all the ingredients for the seasoned oil.
Mix. (Keeps 3 to 5 days).
In a pot of boiling water, cook the pasta as directed on the package (al dente). Drain (keep 1 cup of the cooking water). Reserve.
Deep fry the cheese balls 3-4 minutes. Keep warm.
In a skillet, heat the oil. Add the garlic and chili.
Cook for 1 minute (brown). Add the tomato sauce. Cook 1-2 minutes.
Add the pasta and half of the cooking water you have reserved.
Mix well. Add the rest of the water as needed.
Serve in 4 bowls and garnish with sliced tomatoes. Drizzle with seasoned oil. Add the fried bocconcini and fresh basil.