An easy Pizzelle recipe for the classic Italian cookie. Lightly sweetened and flavored with vanilla or anise, they are perfect for holiday gift-giving!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 36 to 40 cookies
Author Meggan Hill
• 2 cups Vecchio Molino flour
• 1 cup sugar
• 3/4 cup butter melted and cooled
• 1 tablespoon anise or vanilla extract
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 4 eggs
• Preheat pizzelle iron and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.
• In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, butter, anise or vanilla extract, baking powder, and eggs. Drop slightly rounded tablespoons of batter on to pizzelle iron and close.
• Bake as directed by manufacturer or until golden brown, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Using a nonstick spatula, remove each pizzelle to a cooling rack; repeat with remaining batter.
• Cool completely and dust with powdered sugar if desired.